Before you learn how to connect FIOS to your HDTV or CRT TV setup, you need to first know what FIOS is and what you can get out of having a FIOS connection for your television set.
Why is a router involved in installing Verizon FiOS? Simply put, the Verizon Fios, also marketed as Fios by Verizon, is a bundled Internet access, telephone, and television service. It combines cable TV, landline telephony, and Internet access in one convenient package.
In regards to how to connect FiOS to TV, it mostly involves knowing how to hook up your cable TV wires to the box and then the video cables from the box to the HDTV. Keep on reading to find out what we’re talking about.
How to Connect FiOS to TV
In order to connect the Verizon FiOS digital cable TV box to your TV, just use the available video cables (from RCA composite to HDMI) then connect the coaxial cable TV cord to the cable box itself. Connect the box to your TV like you would a DVD or Blu-Ray player and you’re good to go. To wit:
- Coaxial Cord: First connect the cable of your cable TV service—typically a coaxial cord of some sort—from your router to wall outlet. Afterwards, plug the power cable from your router to the wall outlet as well.
- Turn on the Router and the Cable Box: Turn your router on then connect the coaxial cord from your set-top cable TV box to the wall outlet as well. Plug the set-top box power cable to the wall outlet’s electrical socket to power it on as well.
- Video Cable (Typically HDMI): Now connect your set-top box to your HDTV using the HDMI cable. Most LCD, LED, and OLED flatscreen panel TVs with HD resolution use HDMI. Otherwise, use RCA composite cords or S-video to HDMI adapters for vintage CRT TVs.
- Turn on Your HDTV: Turn on your HDTV, switch to the specific HDMI port you connected the set-top FiOS cable box (HDMI1, HDMI2, HDMI-ARC, and so forth) to see the set-top box main menu.
- On-Screen Instructions: Follow on-screen instructions in order to activate the set-top box. You’ll need it to establish the Internet and cable connection of FiOS unto your HDTV for the best digital HD cable TV experience.
- Let a Pro Handle It: The technicians who installed your Verizon cords into your home, crawlspace, attic, and wall sockets like they’re power cords should just as easily connect the cable box and TV together for you at no extra charge.
How to Configure the Verizon FiOS Router
Verizon FIOS, FiOS, or Fios is also a cable service with a requisite cable box included. The Verizon Fios set-top box allows you to watch cable TV as only Verizon could offer. However, it’s a three-pack deal, so you’ll also get Internet and a landline service along with your cable TV.
So after you’ve installed the cable box, you should configure your router as well. In order to setup the router for Verizon Fios, do the following:
- Yellow Ethernet Cord: Link up the yellow Ethernet cord to the router’s port for it then plug it on the end of the wall outlet.
- Plug to a Power Source: Activate the wireless signal by powering on your router with a connection to the nearest power source or electrical socket care of its power plug.
- Search for Available Wi-Fi: Test out if you have Internet Wi-Fi available (5G, LTE, and so forth) from Verizon FiOS by checking with your phone or laptop. The Wi-Fi’s default name is ESsid and its default password is WPA2.
- Launch the Web Browser: Open Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera then go to this link to setup your network. You’ll be establishing your name and password as you register a new Verizon account there.
How to Reset the Verizon FiOS Set-Top Box
You can reboot the cable box for your Verizon Fios to fix connection issues. It’s like when you power-cycle your router to get the Internet back or reboot your smartphone or notebook PC to get it working again. It comes with a caveat though.
- Resetting Means Start from Scratch: Resetting your cable box comes with the consequence of deleting all your personalized configurations, favorite channels, modified passwords, and user settings. Your registered account will still be there though.
- How to Reset: To reset the FIOS set-top box, press and hold its power button for 15 seconds then release. You can also unplug the power cable from your FIOS equipment for 10 seconds. Afterwards, connect the cable back in.
- Prevent Connection Issues: To prevent future interruptions, make sure the router is turned on always and properly plugged into its connection cables. Also, keep the router turned on even when you’re not using it. This ensures a stable connection for even your TV service.
What is Verizon FiOS Anyway?
Verizon FiOS is the brainchild of telecommunication company Verizon. It’s a service that bundles digital television, telephone, and Internet access services in one bill and one unified connection since cable TV nowadays is also Internet-based apparently.It operates using state-of-the-art fiber optics—hence its name FiOS or Fiber Optic Service. The areas in the U.S. where the service is available enjoy a network infrastructure that’s convenient, jam-packed with content, and offers dependable uninterrupted multi-services in one package deal.
Is Verizon FiOS Worth It?
Verizon FIOS isn’t perfect by any means and faster Internet exists. However, as far as affordable and serviceable Internet is concerned with a cost-effective bundle deal with digital cable TV and telephone access, it’s a bargain and a half.
After all, Verizon is indeed one of the first major American carriers to offer fiber Internet in U.S. homes. Furthermore, it receives mostly positive ratings from Consumer Reports, because no one really wants to pay for cable TV and Internet separately if they don’t have to.
How do I connect my FIOS box to my TV?
Connecting Verizon FiOS cable box to TV
And turn ON the router. Connect the coax cord from your set-top box to a wall outlet. Plug-in the set-top box power cable to a wall outlet. Connect your set-top box to the TV using an HDMI cable.
Can I connect Fios directly to my TV?
Yes. As long as the TV has a QAM tuner which most newer HDTVs do. Take the cable from the FiOS box and plug it into the coaxial input on the back of the TV. Next, you will have to do a channel scan using the TV-provided remote.
Why won’t my FIOS connect to my TV?
If your TV is showing No Signal, you might want to reset your Fios box manually. To do that, you’ll have to restart the TV box and the router, unplug the power cord from the back of your TV box and that of the router. After you’ve unplugged, wait for a few minutes for it to fully reset before plugging it back in.
How do I connect a new TV to my Verizon box?
Make the connections:
- Connect the coax cable from your VMS or STB/DVR to a coax outlet.
- Connect the HDMI (other) cable from your VMS or STB to the TV.
- Connect the power cord from your VMS or STB to an electrical outlet.
Can I watch FiOS TV on my smart TV?
FiOS subscribers that have both FiOS TV and FiOS Internet subscriptions can easily download the free FiOS TV app on their compatible Samsung Smart devices without requiring a secondary set-top box.
How do I connect my FiOS to my Samsung TV?
SOLVED: Programming Samsung Smart TV remote to FIOS Set Top Box (STB)
- Make sure your Smart Remote is paired with the TV (I got a new remote that had to be paired first).
- Make sure STB is connected and fully functional.
- On Samsung TV go to Source –> Universal Remote.
- Select New Device –> Cable or Sat Box –> TV.
Does FiOS need a box for every TV?
You should not need any box to receive the channels on the Local package (they are currently all unencrypted). If they insist that you have to have an adapter you can let them ship it to you and then return it.
How can I watch FiOS on my smart TV without a box?
Another way to connect FiOS to a TV without a cable box is to hook up a FiOS adapter to the TV. With the adapter, the TV is able to receive all of the FiOS channels included in your package. However, some of the FiOS features such as Video On Demand will still be unavailable to you.
How do I setup my Fios TV mini?
Connect to Fios TV via a Wired or a Wi-Fi connection Wired: Connect the coax cable from your Fios TV One Mini to a coax outlet. Wi-Fi: Do NOT connect the coax cable; your Fios Wi-Fi will sync automatically. B. Connect the HDMI cable* from your Fios TV One Mini to your TV.
How do you reset Fios TV?
To manually reset your Set-Top Box:
- Unplug the power cord to your Set-Top Box from the electrical outlet for 15 seconds and then plug it back in.
- Wait for the time to appear on the front of the Set-Top Box, then power it on.
- Wait several minutes while the Interactive Media Guide updates.
How do I reset my Verizon Fios White router?
To reset your router:
- Locate the Reset button on the back of your router.
- With the router powered on, use the pointed end of a paperclip or similar object to press and hold the Reset button for 15 seconds.
- Wait for the router to fully reset and power back on.
Does Fios TV One need coax?
No. Because they’re connected to the main unit by Wi-Fi, they do not need coax cables. You can connect up to four Fios TV One Mini by Wi-Fi.
Can I watch Verizon Fios on my Samsung Smart TV?
If you subscribe to both FiOS TV and FiOS Internet, you can use the Verizon app to watch FiOS content on Samsung devices such as connected TVs and Blu-ray players without having to pay for another Set-Top Box!”
How do I watch FiOS on my LG Smart TV?
Verizon customers who subscribe to both FiOS TV and Internet service can access the application via the Smart World section on LG’s Smart TV interface. Among the 75 channels are consumer favorites such as HBO, Food Network, NFL Network, TBS, VH1 and others, offering content for all age groups and preferences.
Can I use Roku with Verizon FIOS?
Fios TV has a mobile app called Fios TV app that allows you to watch all of its content on your smartphones and tablets at any time and from anywhere. It is not compatible with any TV devices, including Roku, Android TV, and Smart TVs. To use the Fios TV app, you must have a Fios TV cable subscription.
Does FiOS have a wireless cable box?
Verizon has begun rollout of Fios TV One, the next level of Fios TV service with voice remote, WiFi-connected set-top boxes, 4K capability and more.
The setup needed to connect FiOS to television is quite straightforward when you take everything into consideration. You can use this guide for all Verizon set-top cable box models such as ARRIS VMS1100, Motorola 7232-P2, Cisco CHS 435, and so forth.
If you want your Internet to be bundled with cable TV and landline telephone so you don’t have to pay for these separately, you can do so with FIOS. What more can you ask for?
- “How To Set-up & Connect Verizon Fios Cable Box To TV“, MyFreshGists.com, October 4, 2020
- “Verizon FiOS“, Wikipedia, Retrieved April 19, 2022