In order to pair a Bluetooth speaker to your TV, you must be using a smart TV or have a Bluetooth dongle adapter available for use with CRT TVs or more primitive HDTVs with no smart functions or Bluetooth connectivity.
It shouldn’t be a problem to connect an extra speaker or two to your TV, especially if you don’t like how weak the built-in speaker is when it comes to delivering Dolby surround sound or DTS level cinematic audio. You should have options to expand your
Learn how to connect a Bluetooth speaker to a TV in order to create your own little home theater experience. Most home cinemas are 50 percent to 75 percent speakers, soundbars, stereos, amplifiers, and subwoofers anyway.
How to Connect Bluetooth Speaker to TV
It works like pairing a wireless headphones, earbuds, or earpods like Raycons or AirPods to your PC or phone. Just activate the Bluetooth feature of your smart TV, turn on your Bluetooth speaker, search for the nearest Bluetooth devices, and then pair your speaker with your smart TV.
Watch out for nuances when connecting individual speakers to individual smart TVs. The basics remain the same though. It will vary in accordance to how to access and activate Bluetooth connectivity on your smart TV to make it recognize your JBL or Sonos speaker.
Pairing a Bluetooth Speaker to Your TV Easily
Firstly, make sure your Bluetooth speaker is turned on. Put it in pairing mode while you’re at it. It should usually end up in pairing mode as soon as you turn it on. This means it’s ready to be paired with your smart TV unless you need a Bluetooth adapter to make the speaker work as well.
- Consult the Device Manuals: Get the user manual for the Bluetooth device and your smart TV for more details in how to pair up or connect the two together. Most speakers go to pairing mode as soon as they’re turned on while others require extra steps.
- Go to Your TV Settings: You need the speaker to be in pairing mode in order for your smart TV with built-in Bluetooth features or Bluetooth adapter to read or recognize the speaker device. On your TV, go to Network Settings to select the “Bluetooth” feature.
- Discoverable Devices: Search for your Bluetooth speaker on the list of discoverable devices on the Bluetooth list. This feature scans all Bluetooth devices near the smart TV that’s in pairing mode. If you’re lucky, you can connect from here without any issues.
- Pro Tip: When shopping for soundbars, check out the fine print. Some of them might have Bluetooth connectivity but they’re only designed for use via specific third-party apps such as Alexa or Roku TVs. They might not work with your TV.
What If Your TV Doesn’t Offer a Built-In Bluetooth Network?
If your HDTV lacks a built-in Bluetooth network or only has Bluetooth LE (a low-frequency Bluetooth that doesn’t support devices like a Bluetooth speaker), then you need a Bluetooth adapter to help you out. This adapter is usually in transmitter form.
- The Bluetooth Transmitter: It might even come with connectors for USB, optical, or 3.5 millimeter jack ports. It allows Bluetooth connection to non-Bluetooth-supporting devices, including certain CRTs or old-timey plasma TVs. You also need to put it in pairing mode as well.
- Press the Pairing Mode Button: There should be some sort of button that activates the Bluetooth transmitter’s pairing mode, which in turn allows it to pair with your Bluetooth speaker and transmit the sound coming from your HDTV or CRT TV.
- Add the Speaker: The transmitter might automatically pair with the speaker. Or it might show a prompt on your smart TV asking you to choose which devices to pair with. If there’s no prompt, make sure your speaker is the only Bluetooth device available.
- Turn Up the Sound: Some transmitters have their own volume control while others require you to turn up the volume on the Bluetooth speaker. Or they might depend on the volume on the HDTV as well.
Down to the Wire When Push Comes to Shove
Another method of connecting a Bluetooth speaker to your TV is to use a wired connection like a 3.5mm port. Yes, it defeats the purpose of going Bluetooth for the wireless feature. However, sometimes it might be the only option for certain TVs.
You can always pair the existing wired Bluetooth speaker to other devices in your home via its Bluetooth connection. However, if your primitive HDTV or CRT TV can only connect to the speaker with a transmitter, sometimes the wired option saves you the hassle.
You can use this speaker as a base station when you need to wirelessly connect to other devices, new smart TVs, your smartphone or tablet, and so forth.
How to Connect a Bluetooth Speaker to a Samsung TV
Let’s use the Samsung TV as a specific rather than the generic way of connecting to Bluetooth speakers. At any rate, do the following:
- Go to the Smart Hub: Most Samsung TVs require you to bring up their Smart Hub by pressing on your remote control the “Home” button then select “Settings” from the new prompt.
- Select “Sound Output”: Go to the “Sound Settings” menu and select “Sound Output”. Here, you’ll find a list of Bluetooth speakers. Make sure your specific Bluetooth speaker is turned on and in pairing mode.
- Select “Pair” to Connect: Select your Bluetooth speaker the select “Pair” to make your Samsung TV connect to it. The speaker list should show the compatible speakers but Samsung also allows “generic” speaker pairing.
- Mostly an Issue of Menu Selection: Samsung mainly differs from other HDTVs and smart TVs when it comes to accessing the Bluetooth feature. Not all Samsung TVs work with Bluetooth or have Bluetooth though.
- Bluetooth Transmitter: If you’re using an older Samsung CRT or plasma TV or a non-smart LCD HDTV, you might need to pair with your speaker using the aforementioned Bluetooth transmitter as the middleman device.
Can I use a Bluetooth speaker with my TV?
Pairing a Bluetooth speaker with your TV (the easy way)
On your television, go to Network Settings and select Bluetooth. Then, look for your speaker in the list of discoverable devices. If you’re lucky, this simple connection method worked.
How do I connect my Bluetooth speaker to my Smart TV?
How to Connect Bluetooth Speaker & Soundbar to Smart TV
How do I connect my wireless speaker to my TV?
How to Connect Wireless Speakers to a Television
- Position the wireless transmitter next to the television.
- Insert the opposite end of the RCA audio cables into the “Audio Out” ports on your television.
- Place the wireless speakers in desired locations in the room.
Can I connect speakers directly to my TV?
No, you can’t directly connect the speakers to the TV. TVs do not provide speaker outputs that can drive speakers. You may need an amplifier to use them. However, most TVs have audio outputs that allow you to connect them to speakers.
Can I connect a speaker to my TV?
Some Android TV™ or Google TV™ models can be connected with speakers via Bluetooth. For more details about Bluetooth connection, refer to the article below.
How do I connect my Skyworth Bluetooth speaker to my TV?
Skyworth Bluetooth Remote Connection Guide
How do I know if my smart TV has Bluetooth?
How to Know if your Smart TV has Bluetooth
- The cardboard box that the TV comes in will have the Bluetooth logo on it.
- The TV or remote for the TV has the Bluetooth logo on it.
- In your TV settings, you will most likely see a Bluetooth section that allows you to control the connection.
Do any smart TVs have Bluetooth?
Yes, many smart TV models today come with Bluetooth built in. Sony, LG, Samsung, Toshiba, and Hisense, all make Bluetooth enabled smart TVs. For smart TVs that don’t have Bluetooth, you can still make them “Bluetooth enabled” by using a Bluetooth transmitter or downloading the TV manufacturer’s smart phone app.
How do I connect to a Bluetooth speaker?
Here are few easy steps to connect and use your Bluetooth speakers:
- Steps to connect Bluetooth speaker.
- Put the speaker in pairing mode.
- Switch on Bluetooth on mobile phone.
- Wait for the phone to connect.
- Connect and Play music.
How do you connect a Bluetooth speaker to a TV with no Bluetooth?
Connect non Bluetooth TV to Bluetooth speakers or headphones
How do I connect external speakers to my TV with sound?
If your TV doesn’t use RCA connectors for audio output, it may have a headphone out port (3.5mm port). You can use this to connect your TV to the speakers. They’re the same connector used on phones, tablets, laptops, etc. For this, you’ll need to use a 3.5mm audio jack on the TV end and a RCA jack on the speaker end.
How can I connect speakers to my TV without aux?
You can connect your computer speakers to TV without headphone jack in the following 5 ways.
- Bluetooth connection.
- Optical Cable.
- RCA cable.
- HDMI switcher if TV has HDMI output.
- Digital to Analog converter.
Can you hook up speakers to a TV without a receiver?
You can also add speakers to the TV without a receiver is the 3.5 to 3.5mm audio cable. This is pretty easy to do as the first step is to switch the audio source back to source number one. Then take the first end of the cable and plug it in the auxiliary port.
How do I connect my 3.5 mm jack speaker to my TV?
Direct Wired Connection
If your TV has a 3.5mm headphone jack, just plug your wired headphones into it. If your TV doesn’t have a 3.5mm jack, but has RCA stereo outputs, get an RCA-to-3.5mm adapter and use your headphones that way.
Does Skyworth TV have Bluetooth?
Skyworth’s Android TV supports many exterior devices such as Gamepads, wireless mouse and keyboards through USB and Bluetooth speakers. Smart phones can be used as a remote control through an application. One can customize their TV to their preferences.
Is there Bluetooth in Skyworth TV?
Are SKYWORTH TV Remote Controllers Bluetooth? All SKYWORTH 4K UHD TVs remote controllers support both IR and Bluetooth. The Bluetooth feature needs to be activated during the initial setup. You can also activate the Bluetooth feature manually at any time.
How do I cast to Skyworth?
How do I cast to Skyworth?
- Connect your Mobile device to your wifi connection.
- Download Google Home Cast from google play store on to your mobile device.
- Launch google home cast and log in to your google account.
- Search for the device using the google home cast app.
- Observe that on the cast tv screen will indicate that the set up is successful.
How do I connect external speakers to my Samsung TV?
How to connect an HDMI cable
- Prepare an HDMI cable.
- Connect the cable to the TV’s HDMI IN (ARC).
- Connect to the HDMI OUT (TV-ARC) port of the speaker that you want to connect.
- Turn the speakers on that are connected to the TV.
- The TV sound will be played through your external speakers.
Can I use Bluetooth on my Samsung TV?
Some Samsung TVs come with Bluetooth capabilities, which means they can wirelessly connect to speakers, headphones, hearing aids, and other devices. Connect a Bluetooth soundbar to your TV to get the most out of your favorite movie, or connect headphones so you can have a private screening.
Which Samsung TV models have Bluetooth?
The following Samsung TVs have Bluetooth: 6, 7, 8, 9, Frame, Serif, Sero, Terrace, Q60T, Q70T, Q80T, Q90T, Q800T, & Q900TS series. To enable Bluetooth, make sure your TV is OFF and then press Mute, 1, 8, 2, Power on your remote to bring up Service Mode. In Service mode, turn BT Audio and BT Support ON.
Can you turn a non Bluetooth TV into a Bluetooth TV?
If your TV doesn’t have Bluetooth, you can invest in a low-latency Bluetooth transmitter, which plugs into your TV’s audio-out jack (3.5mm headphone jack, RCA jacks, USB or optical).
Does my TV have Bluetooth LG?
Yes, most LG TVs come with Bluetooth enabled out of the box! The majority of LGs main TV classes, OLED, QNED MiniLED, NanoCell and 4K Ultra, have Bluetooth options. To enable bluetooth on your LG TV go to Settings > Sound > Sound Out > Bluetooth and then select your device.
How do I use Bluetooth on my LG TV?
- Tap Apps > Settings > Bluetooth.
- Tap the Bluetooth switch ON to enable Bluetooth.
- Tap Search for devices at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on your LG device from the list, if asked for a Password/Pin Code enter 0000.
- After a successful connection, Connected will display next to your LG device in the list.
Why is Bluetooth not finding devices?
Sometimes apps will interfere with Bluetooth operation and clearing the cache can solve the problem. For Android phones, go to Settings > System > Advanced> Reset Options > Reset Wi-fi, mobile & Bluetooth.
Why is my Bluetooth speaker not connecting?
If your Bluetooth devices won’t connect, it’s likely because the devices are out of range, or aren’t in pairing mode. If you’re having persistent Bluetooth connection problems, try resetting your devices, or having your phone or tablet “forget” the connection.
What is a wireless Bluetooth speaker?
Bluetooth speakers receive digital audio wirelessly via the Bluetooth protocol when paired with Bluetooth-enabled digital audio devices. BT speakers accept digital audio via BT wireless transmission; convert it analog audio; amplify it, and convert it into sound just as regular speakers would.
Can you connect a Bluetooth speaker to a non smart TV?
Bluetooth Transmitter is an adapter that enables the device that is playing the audio (such as a Television or non-Bluetooth iPod or smartphone) to send the audio wirelessly to a Bluetooth speaker, dock, soundbar or headphones. It can be used with your TV, PC, MP3 player and even DVD player.
How can I turn my regular TV into Bluetooth?
To add Bluetooth to your TV:
- Check if your TV has Bluetooth compatibility.
- Look at the audio outports on the TV.
- Connect a Bluetooth transmitter to an audio output port on the TV.
- After making sure the Bluetooth transmitter has power, put the transmitter and the receiver into pairing mode.
Can you make an older TV Bluetooth?
Use the Bluetooth Transmitter to give your television Bluetooth capability and listen through your Bluetooth speakers, dock or Bluetooth headphones. It will even stream to two headphones at once! It’s simple to set up and just requires an AUX input (3.5mm headphone jack).
How do I get my TV to play through my surround sound?
How to Connect an HDTV to Your Sound System or Home Theater For …
If you’re not too eager about introducing mega-bass speakers unto your home for fear of adding to the clutter or creating a spaghetti tangle of cords behind your entertainment center, a Bluetooth speaker can assist you in amplifying your viewing experience without eating up so much space and whatnot.
You can use the Bluetooth of your smart TV or a Bluetooth adapter you can connect to an HDTV in order to use a Bluetooth speaker or soundbar.
- Ken Foster, “How to connect a Bluetooth speaker to your TV“, Mashable.com, June 18, 2021
- “How To Pair Bluetooth Speaker With Smart Tv?“, NSTEC.com, December 4, 2021