If you’re like most people, you probably have a lot of old AV (audio/video) cables lying around your house. Maybe you’ve got some old VHS tapes that you want to digitize, or maybe you just want to connect your DVD player to your new LG smart TV. Whatever the reason, it’s actually really easy to connect AV cables to an LG smart TV. Here’s a quick step-by-step guide on how to do it.
What Are AV Cables?
AV cables are audio/visual cables that are used to connect your TV to other devices, like a DVD player, cable box, or gaming system. The most common type of AV cable is an HDMI cable, which transmits both audio and video signals.
How to Connect AV Cables to an LG Smart TV
What You’ll Need
Before you get started, there are a few things you’ll need to have on hand:
– An LG smart TV
– An AV device (DVD player, game console, etc.)
– The appropriate cables for your AV device (usually AV cable or AV cable to HDMI converter)
- Step 1: Locate the “AV In” port on your TV. This is usually located on the back of the TV, near the HDMI ports.
- Step 2: Plug one end of your AV cable into the “AV In” port. Make sure that the cable is firmly plugged in so that there is a good connection.
- Step 3: Plug the other end of your AV cable into the appropriate port on your DVD player, VCR, or other device. Again, make sure that the connection is secure.
- Step 4: Turn on your TV and your external device. You may need to change the input source on your TV in order to see the video from your external device. Consult your TV’s owner’s manual for more information on how to do this. If everything is properly connected, you should see the video from your external device appear on your screen.
How to Connect an HDMI Cable to an LG Smart TV
Turn off your LG Smart TV. Unplug the power cord from the outlet. Remove any other cords or cables that are plugged into the back of the TV. This includes the antenna or cable input, digital audio output (optical), USB ports, etc.
Take the end of the HDMI cable and plug it into the “HDMI IN” port on your TV. The port is typically located on the back of the TV. If you have a swivel mount, make sure that you can still access the back of the TV when it is mounted on the wall.
Plug the other end of the HDMI cable into your external device (cable box, satellite box, Blu-ray player, DVD player, game console).
Power on your external device first and then turn on your LG Smart TV. Change the input source on your TV to “HDMI” using your remote control.
You should see a picture on your screen once everything is properly connected.
Use your remote control to operate your external device.
If your TV does not AV port that only has HDMI ports, you should use an RCA to HDMI, or AV to HDMI Converter to connect them.
That’s all there is to it! Connecting AV cables to an LG smart TV is a quick and easy process that anyone can do. So go ahead and dig those old VHS tapes out of storage and start digitizing them! Or hook up your DVD player and enjoy some movies in high definition. Whatever you use it for, we hope this guide has been helpful. Thanks for reading!