You just got a new Blu-ray player and you want to connect it to your old TV. The only problem is that your TV doesn’t have an HDMI input, only RCA inputs. You start searching online for a solution and you see that you can buy an “HDMI to RCA” converter. But will it work? Let’s find out.
Can you convert HDMI to RCA? Yes, but you’ll need a signal processor to do the conversion. Make sure you get a converter that is compatible with the resolution of your device and keep in mind that the audio quality won’t be as good as if you were using an HDMI cable.
Will Converting HDMI to RCA Work?
First, it’s important to know that there are two different types of “HDMI to RCA” converters on the market. There are passive converters and active converters. passive converters rely on the fact that the HDMI signal is already compatible with the RCA format. Active converters, on the other hand, use signal processors to convert the digital HDMI signal into an analog RCA signal.
So, which type of converter do you need? Well, it depends. If you go with a passive converter, you might be disappointed with the results. The quality of the image will be greatly reduced because passive converters don’t actually do any conversion; they just relay the HDMI signal as is. On the other hand, if you go with an active converter, you’ll be able to enjoy your Blu-ray movies in all their HD glory.
There are a few things to keep in mind when using an HDMI to RCA converter. First, make sure that the converter you purchase is compatible with the resolution of your device. Converters typically support resolutions up to 1080p, but if you have a 4K device, you’ll need a 4K converter. Second, keep in mind that the audio quality won’t be as good as if you were using an HDMI cable. If possible, connect your device directly to your TV’s audio system for the best sound quality.
How to Convert HDMI to RCA
Before we get started, there are a few things you’re going to need:
An HDMI to RCA converter. You can find these at most electronics stores or online.
- A power source for the converter. This will usually be a USB port or an AC adapter.
- An HDMI cable. This will be used to connect the device with the HDMI output to the converter.
- Red and white audio cables. These will connect the converter to the TV’s audio inputs.
- A yellow video cable. This will connect the converter’s output to the TV’s video input.
Now that you have everything you need, let’s get started:
- Connect the video converter to a power source.
- Connect the HDMI cable from the device that only produces HDMI output to the HDMI input plug on the converter.
- Connect the red and white audio cables to the RCA audio outputs on the converter, then connect them to the television.
- Connect the yellow video cable from the video converter output to our TV’s video input.
- Change your television channel to the one that the converter requires (normally channel 3 or 4 for televisions that do not support the “input” function)or press the “Input” button on your remote control.
When it comes to connecting your new Blu-ray player to your old TV, you have two options: buy an HDMI to RCA converter or buy a new TV. If you go with the converter, make sure you get an active converter; otherwise, you’ll be disappointed with the results. Active converters use signal processors to convert the digital HDMI signal into an analog RCA signal, ensuring that you’ll be able to enjoy your movies in HD without any problems.